Peter Binkley wrote a while back about the crop of neat digital librarian-y jobs that’d been popping up. There’ve been a bunch more lately:
- Head, Library Technology (Oregon State University)
- Coordinator for Digital Library and Metadata Services (University of Colorado)
- Digital Collections Coordinator (U. of Oregon)
- Digital Projects and Catalog Management Librarian (U. of Oregon)
- Digital Initiatives Coordinator (Clemson U.)
- Digital Library Initiatives Manager (Temple U.) [Direct link could not be obtained]
- Digital Library Program Manager (UC-San Diego)
It’s great to see academic libraries diving head-first into digital collections / library initiatives, and doing so with dedicated staff.
Some of these positions look like great options for folks like myself who’ve been bouncing around the digital libraries world for a few years now and are starting to think about taking on greater responsibility within an organization. I know you’re out there, folks. Consider applying!