First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Shares many aspects with functional languages such as Lisp and Scheme
- Numerous iterators (.each, .map, .select, .find, .sort_by, .delete_if)
- Closures / blocks – function literals that are first-class objects enabling higher-order functions
- Method chaining
- 'if' is an expression, not a statement, and thus returns a value
- So are 'unless', 'until', and 'while'
- Programs may thus be modeled according to OO, functional, or procedural principles – flexibility