My agenda for the first few months of 2010 is becoming clearer. Consider this a snapshot of the things that will be crossing my desk and bouncing around my mind.
- Reviewing digital library platforms for the e-Content Stewardship Council
- Reviewing functional requirements for an institution-wide repository of electronic records
- Learning more about “big data” and continuing the data management discussion
- Evaluating the DLT archival storage prototype and joining the technical team of the Data Storage Working Group
- Evaluating next-generation information discovery tools for the libraries with I-Tech
- Evaluating change management solutions with a team from Penn State’s ITANA group
- Working on requirements for a draft institutional identifier standard with the NISO I2 working group
- Attending Code4Lib 2010
- Meetings, meetings, meetings
- Continuing to absorb as many of the following as possible: strategic plans, project portfolios, process management documents, and various and sundry reports, wikis, and blogs
My plate is rather full; fortunately, for now, I’ve got a big appetite.